'acceptAnyClick' option for CookieBar plugin

Since the Italian government put into effect their interpretation of the EU cookie law, we've been flooded with requests from our Italian users for options they can use to comply with the law.

One of the most requested recently is the option to accept cookies when the user clicks anywhere on the page. We have added this option, named 'acceptAnyClick'.

You can download the latest version of the plugin here.

Posted by Ant on the 15th July 2015 at 11:14am. (8 comments)

Tags: jquery, javascript, cookiebar, tools

Comments

• Michele, 16th July 2015 at 10:42am:

I saw that there is a problem of compatibility of your " CookieBar " with lightbox.js

• Ant, 16th July 2015 at 10:44am:

If you could provide me with an example I can take a look and see if I can implement a fix.

• Yok, 16th July 2015 at 4:24pm:

Hallo, I have just noticed that when I embed this code all page links are disabled, including right mouse click, also after giving consent or scrolling the page. Only javascript action connected to anchors still work. What could be the problem? It happens on latest versions of Firefox and Chrome, not tested on Explorer. Cookie bar is showing correctly, bar buttons and cookie set work well.

• Ant, 29th July 2015 at 11:14am:

This has been fixed, so the latest version should resolve this for you!

• Vinny, 28th July 2015 at 11:29pm:

I think I had the same issue but solved it. I was just using two jquery plugins on one page so I removed one and it works perfectly fine. By the way Ant thank you for the plugin very helpful!

• Vinny, 16th August 2015 at 3:54pm:

Hi, Ant I run this plugin on a site that has a wildcard subdomain setup. Everytime I go to a new subdomain it shows the plugin again how can i solve this to just show once to visitors?

• Ant, 28th September 2015 at 10:10am:

This is something quite a few people have asked about now. At the moment you would need to update line 50 to the following: var cookieEntry = 'cb-enabled={value}; expires=' expireDate '; path=/; domain=domainname.com'; Make sure to replace domainname.com with your own domain or use the plugin option "options.domain".

• Michele, 27th September 2015 at 1:42pm:

Hi, I have noticed that there are problem of compatibility of your " CookieBar " with Prototype
    JavaScript framework, version 1.7.2 https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.7.2.0/prototype.js

Thanks